If you want to play with the best baseball gloves of 2017, you came to the right place.
I’m a baseball junkie and I’ll show you how to select the right mitt; you’ll see my top picks for the year too.
- 1 How To Pick The Perfect Glove
- 2 Wilson A2K D33 Baseball Glove
- 3 Rawlings Pro Preferred First Base Glove
- 4 Rawlings Gamer Series Glove
- 5 Marucci Founders Series T-Web Infield Glove
- 6 Wilson A2K 1799 Outfield Glove
- 7 Mizuno Classic Pro Soft Glove
- 8 Rawlings Gold Glove Series Opti-Core Glove
- 9 Louisville Slugger Pro Flare Fielding Glove
- 10 Rawlings Heart Of The Hide Series Player Glove
- 11 Mizuno MVP Prime Glove
- 12 Marucci Honor The Game Series T-Web Outfiled Glove
- 13 Wilson A2000 Series Glove
- 14 Easton Mako Pro Series Outfielder Glove
- 15 Wilson A500 Baseball Glove
- 16 Mizuno Pro Limited Glove
- 17 Nokona Walnut Glove
- 18 Mizuno Global Elite Vop Series
- 19 You Will Play At Your Highest With These Gloves!
How To Pick The Perfect Glove
Your glove can be the difference between a web gem or a blooper. There’s a few things to think about when choosing your product, like:
- Know the position you’ll be playing
- Pick the right size
- Go name brand and quality
First off, you need to figure out what position you’ll be playing this year. A first base glove is different than an outfield and pitcher’s glove and an infield mitt is different than a catchers mitt (you can find catchers mitts here) and so on and so forth.
After you determine the type of glove you’ll need, you have to choose the right size. Below is a chart that will help you in that department:
Lastly, make sure to pick a product from a well known company like Wilson, Rawlings, Marucci, Mizuno, Easton, etc. They pour millions into design and use the best materials on earth; it’s what the pros wear too. All the mitts on this list are name-brand and will last a longtime.
You can read my full guide on selecting a glove here.
So now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks.
Wilson A2K D33 Baseball Glove
Wilson is well known in the baseball world and their A2K D33 is a premiere product that all elite infielders and pitchers must consider – it performs that well. It’s made from the most durable and finest leathers available and features:
- Easy to break in design thanks to the Double Dual Welding
- Dri-lex wrist lining that promotes air flow and limits sweat and moisture build up
- Strong lacing that will endure multiple seasons
This glove is painstakingly crafted by baseball specialists and no detail is overlooked; it’s the kind of product you will find on the hands of professionals. Definitely one of the 5 gloves available and you won’t be disappointed if you decide on the A2K D33.
Take A Closer Look At The Wilson A2K D33
Rawlings Pro Preferred First Base Glove
Position: First Base
Rawlings is another company all baseball players recognize. I’ve played with their gear for years and I’m always satisfied with their performance. Their Pro Preferred is a first basemen’s dream and comes with:
- A very responsive feel that will help you snag every ball coming your direction
- Pittards sheep skin lining that will keep your hand nice and dry
- Very durable and long lasting leather laces
This is one of the most comfortable gloves to wear too. The Pro Preferred is the type of product that lets your coaches, teammates and opponents know you take defense and your game very seriously.
Take A Closer Look At The Rawlings Preferred First Base Glove
Rawlings Gamer Series Glove
The Rawlings Gamer Series Glove isn’t the same quality as the two you just saw. It’s not a bad glove but elite level players may want to look elsewhere. If you’re on a budget, though, this product will work for you. Some top features include:
- An easy to break in design
- Strong leather laces
- Very comfortable to wear
Not bad when you consider it will cost under $50.
Take A Closer Look At The Rawlings Gamer Series Glove
Marucci Founders Series T-Web Infield Glove
Position: Infield and Pitcher
I own a lot of Marucci products and love their workmanship and durability. The Founders Series T-Web is no exception and is perfect for high performing infielders and pitchers. This glove stays stable for years and I know you’ll be happy with the:
- High quality Japanese “Kip” leather
- Heel pad that protects your hands from injury
- Double lace reinforcements
I really like the camel leather; it’s very unique and easy on the eyes. Additionally, this is another item that breaks in fast and will be game ready in a short amount of time – definitely a top choice for infielders.
Take A Closer Look At The Marucci Founders Series t-Web
Wilson A2K 1799 Outfield Glove
The Wilson A2K 1799 is perfect for outfielders looking to make the play every time. It’s tailor made for high level baseball players in high school, college and professional leagues. Some of my favorite features of this glove are:
- Flawless and durable Pro Stock Leather
- Intense craftsmanship
- Extremely durable and will easily last a few seasons
This isn’t the cheapest glove on the list but is fairly priced at around $230. It’s worth it though; the A2K 1799 will give you a lot of confidence.
Take A Closer Look At The Wilson A2K 1799
Mizuno Classic Pro Soft Glove
The Mizuno Classic Pro Soft is an affordable option for any baseball player on a budget – it will cost around $129. This glove still performs, even at its reasonable price, and features:
- Stable leather that won’t lose its shape over time
- Very soft liner that is a delight to wear
- Has a professional look
The Classic Pro is a nice product for utility players because it can be used in so many different positions and spots.
Take A Closer Look At The Mizuno Classic Pro Soft
Rawlings Gold Glove Series Opti-Core Glove
Position: Infield and Pitcher
If you like to play baseball for fun or don’t take it too seriously, you should look for another product. If you are an elite level player that is always looking to make the play and improve your game, the Rawlings Gold Glove Series Opti-Core is a glove you must consider. It’s expensive (around $500) but worth it if you can afford the price. It has some awesome features, like:
- Made by a single glove specialist and comes with a unique serial number so you can identify who made it
- Very supple and flexible; it’s made from high quality European leather
- An extremely comfortable and effective palm lining
There’s a reason why the Gold Series cost so much – it’s a premiere product that was inspired by the best fielders of all time. You can expect a few web gems with this glove.
Take A Closer Loo At The Rawlings Gold Glove Series
Louisville Slugger Pro Flare Fielding Glove
Company: Louisville Slugger
You will find Louisville Slugger gear all over professional players and their Pro Flare is a great option for infielders – it will help you make the hardest plays imaginable. You’ll be happy to know this product comes with:
- Oil infused leather that keeps its structure over a long period of time
- Very lightweight
- Durable and will last multiple seasons
The price isn’t terrible either and will cost around $199. If the price is a problem there are other products on this list for your budget. If you have the money to spend and want a reliable glove, this won’t disappoint you.
Take A Closer Look At The Louisville Slugger Pro Flare
Rawlings Heart Of The Hide Series Player Glove
Position: Infield and Pitcher
The Rawlings Heart Of The Hide is perfect for infielders and pitchers – it’s custom made for these players. This is the kind of glove used by Major Leaguers and comes with:
- Cowhide palm lining that is extremely soft and comfortable
- Open back that improves flexibility
- Finger pad to prevent injuries
The Heart Of Hide is for play makers. If you consider yourself one you should think about this product.
Take A Closer Look At The Rawlings Heart Of The Hide
Mizuno MVP Prime Glove
The Mizuno MVP Prime is one of the best gloves you’ll find for under $99. It may not have all the features of some of the top products on this list but it holds it own. You’ll like that it comes with:
- Plus Grip thumb that’s very comfortable
- Fast break in time
- Oil Soft Plus leather
The MVP Prime has a 1 year warranty too – not bad for such a low price.
Take A Closer Look At The Mizuno MVP Prime
Marucci Honor The Game Series T-Web Outfiled Glove
The Marucci Honor The Game Series is another glove outfielders will love and elite players wear. Besides having a nice look and design, this product features:
- A very responsive feel and made from USA steer hide leather
- Index finger pad to prevent broken bones and sprains
- Durable laces that will stand the test of time
The last thing you want is to drop a fly ball because your glove is low quality and poorly designed. That’s not the case with the Honor The Game Series mitt.
Take A Closer Look At The Marucci Honor The Game
Wilson A2000 Series Glove
The Wilson A2000 is very popular among Major League infielders because of its feel and durability – it also helps you make the play every time. Additionally, it features:
- Dri-Lex technology that evaporates moisture and sweat
- Very deep pocket so you can snag grounders and line drives
- Will maintain shape over a long period of time
You won’t have to replace this glove next season either; it’s one you’ll be able to wear year after year.
Take A Closer look At The Wilson A2000
Easton Mako Pro Series Outfielder Glove
The Easton Mako Pro Series is an affordable option for any outfielder. Is it as good as the more expensive gloves on the list? No. But that doesn’t mean it’s low quality. It still comes with:
- Lightweight and synthetic materials
- Pro Fit Liner is extremely comfortable and soft
- Durable laces that add life to this product
You won’t have to spend too much time breaking the Mako Pro Series in either – it’ll be ready to go with very little work.
Take A Closer Look At The Easton Mako Pro Series
Wilson A500 Baseball Glove
You’ve seen a lot of expensive Wilson mitts so far and the A500 is the opposite – in fact it’s one of the cheapest you’ll find on the list. If you are an elite level talent you’ll want a different product, though. Everyone else will like that this comes with:
- A shallow pocket that enables you to transfer the ball to your hands quickly
- Very durable and won’t tear easily
The A500 has a 1 year warranty too. Not bad for under $75.
Take A Closer Look At the Wilson A500
Mizuno Pro Limited Glove
Here we have another Mizuno mitt and the Pro limited is for very good baseball players. This glove is known for its ability to improve reaction and response time. Some other top features include:
- Japanese “Kip” leather
- Deerskin palm that is ultra comfortable
- Perfect amount of padding to prevent stings and injuries
I know a lot of people that swear by this product and believe it’s the best glove available – you can definitely make that argument.
Take A Closer Look At The Mizuno Pro Limited
Nokona Walnut Glove
Nokona isn’t as popular as some of the other brands on the list but their Walnut Glove is well made and very durable. This mitt is 100% American made and features:
- A supple and responsive feel
- Keeps sturdy for many years
- Well known Walnut Crunch Leather
The Walnut certainly isn’t cheap and will cost around $220. Many player’s consider this their favorite glove, though, and it’s worth it if you want a superior product.
Take A Closer Look At The Nokona Walnut
Mizuno Global Elite Vop Series
The last glove on the list comes from a familiar name – Mizuno. The Global Elite is moderately priced at around $119 and has a very professional look to it. Additionally, it features:
- Cushioned wrist pad that’s really enjoyable to wear
- Lot’s of structure for your fingers and hand
- Durable and long lasting oiled leather
If you don’t want to spend over $200 or $300 this year, this may be the product for you.
Take A Closer Look At The Mizuno Global Elite
You Will Play At Your Highest With These Gloves!
You are at a huge disadvantage if you don’t play with the best equipment possible. No matter your position, budget or skill, there is a mitt here for you. I know you will play at a high level with any of these products.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to answer as fast as possible. You can let your friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to make some unbelievable catches this year?