If you want to rip the seams off the ball this season you’re probably looking for the best batting gloves.
In order to get the most out of your at bats you need a quality pair and I’ll show you how to pick one – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
- 1 How To Pick Batting Gloves
- 2 Nike MVP Elite Batting Gloves
- 3 Under Armour Men’s Clean Up VI Batting Gloves
- 4 Nike MVP Edge Batting Gloves
- 5 Under Armour Men’s Clutchfit Batting Gloves
- 6 Franklin Shok-Sorb Batting Gloves
- 7 Cutters Prime Command Batting Gloves
- 8 Franklin CFX Pro Batting Gloves
- 9 Marucci Pro Batting Gloves
- 10 Franklin Natural II Batting Gloves
- 11 Easton HS9 Batting Gloves
- 12 Louisville Slugger Series 7 Batting Gloves
- 13 Don’t Step To The Plate Without One Of These Gloves
How To Pick Batting Gloves
There’s a few things to consider when making your purchase and they are:
- Make sure you get the right fit
- Know the difference in materials
- Sweat management
The first thing you need to know is the glove size you’ll need. To know that measure from the base of your palm to the tip of your middle finger. Here’s a chart so you now exactly what size you’ll need:
After you get the fit right, look into the materials of the product you are considering – the two main choices are leather and synthetic leather. Leather is used more often because it gives a natural feel and is very durable (leather gloves tend to cost more, though). Synthetic leather is more flexible and removes sweat well.
Lastly, you need to look at moisture control. Some gloves have better venting systems and use materials that keep hands dry while others don’t. You don’t want sweaty hands after you take your gloves off; that can lead to problems in the field.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks.
Nike MVP Elite Batting Gloves
Everyone knows Nike and you probably own a few items from them. Their Nike MVP Elite’s are one of the premiere batting gloves on the market. These are extremely durable and have some awesome features, like:
- Premium sheep skin leather that gives you optimal grip
- Allows for maximum hand mobility
- Very lightweight and has a non intrusive feel
If you want the best at bats possible, this is a product you must consider.
Take A Closer Look At The Nike MVP Elite
Under Armour Men’s Clean Up VI Batting Gloves
Company: Under Armour
The Under Armour Clean Up’s are unique because they come with Heat Gear technology – this means they work best in temperatures of 75 degrees to 100 degrees. If you’re playing summer ball or in the South, this is the glove for you because they eliminate sweat and keep your hands dry. They also come with:
- Pleasant feeling goat skin
- Extra breathability for maximum airflow
- Synthetic overlays that makes these very durable
This glove is really well loved and is found on the hands of some of the best players out there. If you decide on the Clean Up’s you will be very happy.
Take A Closer Look At The Under Armour Clean up
Nike MVP Edge Batting Gloves
The MVP Edge’s are another premiere glove from Nike. The palm is made from very soft goat skin leather which makes them very comfortable. Some other nice features include:
- Lightweight design
- Professional look
- Vents that limit sweat and keeps your hands dry
If you are an elite player or want to improve your hitting this season, you should really consider the Edge’s.
Take A Closer Look At The Nike MVP Edge
Under Armour Men’s Clutchfit Batting Gloves
Company: Under Armour
This is another pair of high quality and affordable batting gloves from Under Armour. You can choose between different colors, including black, red, and blue. Some top features include:
- ClutchFit technology which give a skin like fit
- HeatGear fabric that allows for maximum airflow and prevents dampness
- Sheepskin leather for added comfort, durability and softness
These are for skilled hitters and their highly rated. They aren’t the cheapest product on this list but certainly worth the cost.
Take A Closer Look At The Under Armour Clutchfit
Franklin Shok-Sorb Batting Gloves
This is a very professional-looking pair of batting gloves and they come at a low cost. The Shok-Sorb’s feature several sizes and color choices too. You can customize the fit with the velcro strap and it comes with:
- Impact absorbing palm that limits painful stings
- Soft and durable leather outer
- Flex points that reduce restriction
Franklin is a well known baseball company and you can’t go wrong with their products – you can even find their gear in the Major Leagues.
Take A Closer Look At The Franklin Shok-Sorb
Cutters Prime Command Batting Gloves
The Cutters Prime Command’s are a long-lasting and durable set of batting gloves. These come in several color options and are made from tough, padded leather. Some other features include:
- Natural curve design that improves grip
- Velcro strap at the bottom which allows for a tight fit
- Added control with the Lycra backhand
This glove will easily stand up to the rigors of a full baseball season and will probably last a few years; not to mention they are extremely comfortable too.
Take A Closer Look At The Cutters Prime Command
Franklin CFX Pro Batting Gloves
The Franklin CFX Pro’s are very professional looking, and you can match them to your jersey – there’s plenty of color options to choose from. These are made from sheepskin leather which is soft and durable – they conform to the shape of your hand too. You’ll be happy to know the CFX Pro’s have:
- A separately made thumb from the rest of the design; this gives you more control when catching, throwing, and batting
- Well made and very durable
- Customizable fit
These are really well priced too, at around $20. Thats not bad when consider all that you’re getting.
Take A Closer Look At The Franklin CFX Pro
Marucci Pro Batting Gloves
Marucci is a big name in the baseball world and their Pro Batting Gloves are really high quality (they make really nice fielding gloves too). You have all the colors in the world to choose from and they’ re designed to have the best grip possible. They also come with:
- Lycra backhand that allows for flexibility and helps your hands move around in the most natural way
- Liteprene cuff area which is very comfortable and breathable
- Won’t tear easily
These are certainly a great value and a product you will love hitting with.
Take A Closer Look At The Marucci Pro
Franklin Natural II Batting Gloves
The Franklin Natural II’s are another superior product from Franklin. Like the name suggests these have a natural feel to them and flexible. Sluggers will love that they come with:
- A lightweight design
- Holds its tact for a long time
- Gives you a great feel
This glove has many colors to choose from too; you’ll have an easy time finding a pair you like.
Take A Closer Look At The Franklin Natural II
Easton HS9 Batting Gloves
This is another high quality set of batting gloves from a well known baseball company – Easton. The HS9’s come in five different designs to compliment your team’s colors. Also, you’ll be happy to know they feature:
- Lightweight palm area that’s very comfortable
- Excellent grip so you can swing your absolute best
- Mesh section on the back of the hand which keeps your hands nice and cool
These are one of my favorite looking products on the list; there’s just something very professional about them.
Take A Closer Look At The Easton HS9
Louisville Slugger Series 7 Batting Gloves
Company: Louisville Slugger
Louisville Slugger is one of my favorite baseball companies – if you’ve been lucky enough to play with their gear I’m sure you feel the same way. Their Series 7’s are another pair of batting gloves you will love having on your hands. That’s because they come with:
- Technology that eliminates all moisture to keep your hands dry
- Made from flexible and stretch materials
- Very responsive feel and fit
You can definitely find these on the hands of elite level players. If you are one of them or would like to be one of them, this is a product you should think about.
Take A Closer Look At The Louisville Slugger Series 7
Don’t Step To The Plate Without One Of These Gloves
In order to have your best at bats you need a nice pair of batting gloves. The products on this list are the best available and there is one for every kind of hitter – it would be a big mistake to play with any other product.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let your teammates see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to run the bases this year?