If you’re looking to add some convenience to your life you may be interested in one of the best hybrid bikes.
These products are a happy medium in terms of performance and comfort – you can ride them on all terrain and they’re perfect for everyday life. I’ll show you what’s most important when selecting your new bike and my top picks for 2017.
- 1 How To Choose A Hybrid Bike
- 2 Diamondback Insight 2
- 3 Northwoods Springdale Men’s
- 4 Schwinn GTX 2 Hybrid Bike
- 5 Diamondback Edgewood
- 6 Roadmaster Adventures Men’s Hybrid Bike
- 7 Sixthreezero EVERYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bike
- 8 Vilano Diverse 3.0
- 9 Schwinn Discover Men’s Hybrid Bike
- 10 Diamondback Vital 2 Women’s Hybrid Bike
- 11 Giordana RS700 Hybrid Bike
- 12 XDS Women’s Cross 300
- 13 Kent Avondale Men’s Hybrid Bike
- 14 Sixthreezero Everyjourney Men’s Hybrid Bike
- 15 Schwinn Network Women’s 2.0 Hybrid Bike
- 16 Make Your Life Easier With One Of The Hybrid Bikes!
How To Choose A Hybrid Bike
The right hybrid bike will make commuting and running errands much easier; the wrong one won’t. Here’s a few things to look out for when making your purchase:
- Type of terrain/surfaces you’ll be riding on and the number of gears you’ll need
- Suspension and brakes
- Materials used and handle bar shape
The first thing you need to think of is where you’ll be biking. Will you be cruising along city streets? Are you in the suburbs with flat roads? Are you in the hilly West Cost? If you’re in shape, and bike primarily on flat surfaces, you won’t need a ton of gears. If, however, you’re in a city with steep streets, like San Francisco, you’ll want a bike with more gears – this will help you climb with ease.
Next, you need to look at suspension and brakes. Not all hybrid bikes have suspension because it adds weight and makes peddling a little tougher. If you live in a place with well maintained streets, or you bike on smooth bike paths, you won’t need suspension. People who live in cities, however, with potholes and sidewalks, may want front suspension. That feature helps absorb impacts and gives you a more stable ride.
When it comes to brakes, there are two options:
- Rim Brakes: Rim brakes have a brake pad that grips the front wheel. The benefit here is it’s easy to see when the pad is worn out and needs to be replaced. This type of hybrid bike tends to have less brake power and can wear out your wheel – replacing wheels can get expensive.
- Disc Brakes: Disc brakes grip the rotor on the wheel mount. There’s two types of disc breaks: hydraulic and mechanical – hydraulic offers more stopping power. Disc brakes are better in diverse terrain and inclement weather conditions. Replacing a worn out rotor is much cheaper than replacing an entire wheel too. However, this type of brake is more expensive to fix than rim brakes and it’s harder to notice pad wear.
Lastly, you need to consider different bike materials and handle bar shapes. The three different bike materials are:
- Aluminum: Aluminium bikes are the most popular and are light, sturdy and cost effective. These aren’t the most absorbing bikes on earth and may feel uncomfortable on bumpy roads.
- Steel: Steel is a little heavier than aluminum but is strong and absorbs bumps well.
- Carbon Fiber: This material is featured on the most expensive bikes and are the lightest and strongest.
When looking at handlebars keep this in mind: the lower the seat is below the handles bars, the more comfortable the ride. If you choose a hybrid bike you’re probably leaning more towards a comfortable ride over performance. People looking solely at performance will choose a bike with a high seat and a drop bar handle – this allows you to pedal faster and gain more speed but can be straining on your back.
Hybrid bikes tend to have lower seats and a flat bar or rise bar handlebar. This allows for the least straining and most relaxing sitting posture. You get good control over your steering too.
Now that you know what to look for when making your selection, let’s take a look at my top picks now.
Diamondback Insight 2
Diamondback is an excellent company and they make really high quality bikes. There Insight 2 is one my favorite hybrid bikes on the market and comes at a reasonable price – $499. The Insight 2 is great in all conditions and has 21 different gears – there’s no hill you won’t be able to conquer. It also features:
- Disc brakes that deliver efficient and superior stopping power
- An aluminum frame which is sturdy and lightweight
- Lifetime warranty for the frame
If you expect to ride on diverse terrain, this is the product for you. It’s the perfect combination of a road and mountain bike.
Take A Closer Look At The Diamondback Insight 2
Northwoods Springdale Men’s
The Northwoods Springdale is perfect for any male biker looking for a comfortable ride – the design gives you an upright and relaxed posture. This bike makes strenuous hills a lot easier with its 21 gears. Also, you’ll be happy to know it comes with an:
- Aluminium frame which reduces weight
- Linear pull brakes let’s you stop on a dime
- Durable and sturdy frame
This bike is affordable too and you can pick it up for around $199. Some people believe it could easily be priced at $500; I tend to agree.
Take A Closer Look At The Northwoods Springdale Hybrid Bike
Schwinn GTX 2 Hybrid Bike
Scwinn’s been around since the 1800’s and they’ve really mastered the art of bicycle making. Their GTX 2 is really sharp looking and one of the best designed bikes on this list – it really catches your eye. What’s important is it’s ride, though, and I’m happy to say this product delivers in that department. That’s because of its:
- Sports frame and Schwinn suspension which allows for more control
- Front and rear brakes enable you to stop quickly
- Multi conditional tires will handle whatever you throw at
This bike is a commuter’s dream. You get a nice, comfortable sitting position and a smooth ride; you’ll be able to ride for hours. Price isn’t bad either and will cost around $278. In my mind it’s definitely worth it.
Take A Closer Look At The Schwinn GTX 2
Here we have another Diamond bike and the Edgewood is a little more affordable than the first one you saw – this one will cost around $349. I really like the light blue color and design of this bike. It’s very sporty and looks high end (that’s because it is). It also has some really great features, like:
- Will give you a smooth ride on bumpy terrain and roads
- 7 different speeds to help you conquer steep hills
- Comfortable seat and design which allows for relaxed pedaling
If you decide on this bike I know you’ll love it. It delivers in every way possible.
Take A Closer Look At The Diamondback Edgewood
Roadmaster Adventures Men’s Hybrid Bike
Price: $ Rating: 4.6/5
The Roadmaster Adventures Men’s Hybrid Bike isn’t exactly top of the line – it’s made for people on a tight budget and will cost under $99. It’s not necessarily a bad bike but it should be used for shorter distances and smoother surfaces. Some nice features include:
- Steel frame that’s very durable and strong
- 7 speeds to help you push through inclines and declines
- Front and rear brakes enable you to stop quickly
If you’re new to biking and want a starter product to test the waters a bit, this Roadmaster can work for you.
Take A Closer Look at The Roadmaster Adventures Hybrid Bike
Sixthreezero EVERYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bike
Unlike the bike you just saw, the Sixthreezero EVERYjourney is a top of the line product. This one is designed specifically for women riders (don’t worry guys, the men’s version is coming up a little later) and comes with:
- Leather seat that will stand up to Mother Nature’s worst and is ultra comfortable to sit on
- Smart handlebar design lessens strain on your back and shoulders
- Wide and soft tires allows you to venture on all terrain and delivers a smooth ride
- One size fits all and accommodates a woman 4 feet tall to 6 feet all (can easily be adjusted for height)
This bicycle is perfect for everyone – college students, city dwellers, exercise enthusiasts. Literally everyone. The price isn’t horrible either and will cost around $399. This bike is universally loved and if you’d like to check out the hundreds of positive reviews on Amazon, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Sixthreezero EVERYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bike
Vilano Diverse 3.0
Here we have another quality bike from an awesome company, Vilano (they make great electric bikes and folding bikes too!). Their Diverse 3.0 is perfect for people that like to get out in the elements and aren’t slowed down by rain – the high quality disc brakes ensure you keep control in wet conditions. Also, the Diverse 3.0 features:
- 24 speeds so you can tackle hat massive hill you’ve been avoiding
- Lightweight and sturdy aluminium frame
- Kenda 8300 tires work well on all terrain
This is another bike people believe could go for around $700. Luckily for you and I, it will only cost around $269.
Take A Closer Look at The Vilano Diverse 3.0
Schwinn Discover Men’s Hybrid Bike
The Discover Men’s Hybrid Bike is another quality product from Schwinn and is affordable, at around $277. That’s a great price for Schwinn quality, especially when you consider it comes with:
- 21 different speeds so you can ride through all terrain, hilly or flat
- Front suspension fork will absorb shock from hitting potholes and manhole covers
- Easy to switch gears and allows for a comfortable riding position
This bike excels in urban environments. If you live in one of the major cities of the world or on a college campus, this is a product you must consider.
Take A Closer Look At The Schwinn Discover Men’s Hybrid Bike
Diamondback Vital 2 Women’s Hybrid Bike
The Diamondback Vital 2 is a hybrid bike designed specifically for women looking to make their commute a little more enjoyable. Like all Diamondback bikes, the Vital 2 has a sharp design and looks very sporty. The light purple color is extremely feminine and this product features:
- A relaxed and comfortable riding posture enables you to go longer than ever before
- Aluminum frame that is strong, sturdy and very lightweight
- Pleasant to sit on seat and linear breaks give you more control
This bike is the perfect combination of sleekness, performance and affordability (will cost around $325). If you decide to purchase the Vital 2 you’ll be very happy.
Take A Closer Look At The Diamondback Vital 2
Giordana RS700 Hybrid Bike
The Giordana RS700 is a cost effective bike (will cost around $249) and closely resembles a road bike – the seat is very high. If you’re looking to leisurely ride around town in a relaxed sitting posture, this isn’t the product for you. It’s meant more for longer distances and speed. If you like the sound of that, you’ll be happy to know it also comes with:
- 21 gears to help you fly up hills
- Racing seat that’ll get you to where you have to go fast
- Linear breaks for quick stops and more control
This bike is tailored for anyone between the heights of 5’9″ to 6’2.” The RS700 is made for specific people and if you’re one of the them, you’ll really enjoy the ride.
Take A Closer Look At The Giordana RS700
XDS Women’s Cross 300
The XDS Women’s Cross 300 is definitely one of the sportier hybrid bikes on this list. This bike excels in all conditions and delivers a supremely smooth ride – it’s the type of product you can ride for long periods of time in complete comfort. I know you’ll like that it:
- Has over 24 gears so you can climb the steepest hills
- Lightweight and shock absorbing frame is perfect for city streets
- Durable materials will last a very long time
This bike is one of the pricier on the list and will cost around $429. Quality has a price, however, and the Cross 300 is definitely quality.
Take A Closer Look At The XDS Women’s Cross 300
Kent Avondale Men’s Hybrid Bike
The Kent Avondale is another product that gives up a little in the comfort department for faster speeds. If you’re looking for a relaxing commute you may want a different bike. If you’re looking for exercise, however, the Avondale will suit you. It has some nice features, which include:
- Linear pull breaks give you a lot of control over stopping
- Lightweight and sturdy durable frame
- Will last a long time without breaking down
This bike is specifically designed for anyone between the heights of 5’6″ and 6’2″ and under 250 pounds. To check out latest prices, click below.
Take A Closer Look At The Kent Avondale
Sixthreezero Everyjourney Men’s Hybrid Bike
I promised you earlier that there’s a Sixthreezero EVERYjourney for men and here it is. I really like the blacked out design and think it gives off a very sleek look. Some other nice features I love are:
- The leather seat that’s comfortable to sit on
- The upright riding position you get that’s a godsend for your back
- 7 speed makes this bike ideal for cruising and commuting
The EVERYjourney delivers one of the smoothest rides possible and isn’t priced too high either (around $399). Plus it’s easily adjustable and one size fits all. You’re going to have a really hard time finding a more stylish and performing bike than this one.
Take A Closer Look At The Sixthreezero EVERYjourney
Schwinn Network Women’s 2.0 Hybrid Bike
The last bike on this list comes from a familiar brand and one you’ve seen plenty of times already, Schwinn. Their Network 2.0 is designed specifically for the needs of women and comes with:
- Suspension forks that absorb shock and provides a pleasant riding experience
- Soft seat is comfortable to sit on for long periods of time
- A well designed brake system allows you to stop quickly, in all conditions
The Network 2.0 has an eye catching powder blue color too. This is a bike you’ll be happy to show off, that’s for sure.
Take A Closer Look At The Schwinn Network Women’s 2.0
Make Your Life Easier With One Of The Hybrid Bikes!
Hybrid bikes are the perfect middle ground of performance and comfort. They’re a delight to commute with and to ride around town with. No matter your living situation, budget or needs, there’s a product on this list that’ll suit you just fine.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media.
Are you ready to get around on one of these stylish bikes?