Are you looking for the best low top basketball shoes? If so you’ve came to the right place! 😉
The low top basketball sneakers are a favorite of mine and I absolutely love how lightweight they are. In this detailed review guide, I’d like to show you my top 10 performance low tops for the year. Sounds good?
- 1 1. Adidas Performance Men’s Crazylight Boost Low
- 2 2. Jordan Clutch Men’s Basketball Shoes
- 3 3. Kobe Men’s X1
- 4 4. Under Armour Clutchfit Drive 3 Low
- 5 5. Nike Hyperdunk Low
- 6 6. Nike Lebron 13 Low
- 7 7. Jordan’s Men’s Extra Fly
- 8 8. Under Armour Jet Low
- 9 10. Jordan Ol’ School Low
- 10 Now Learn How To Pick The Perfect Basketball Shoe
- 11 Don’t Step On The Court With Low Quality Kicks!
1. Adidas Performance Men’s Crazylight Boost Low
The Adidas Crazylight Boost Lows are one of the most agile and comfortable shoes available. If you rely on speed and a fast first step you will love this product. Additionally, they come with:
- Mesh materials to prevent dampness and blisters
- Molded TPU that gives stability and allows you to move around quickly
- Superior traction that grips any surface
This sneaker is perfect for any skillful guard or wing player. You’ll fly around the court with them on your feet.
Take A Closer Look At The Adidas Crazylight Boost Lows
2. Jordan Clutch Men’s Basketball Shoes
I’m sure you own at least one Nike product and you probably know at least one person obsessed with Jordan’s. If you’re looking for a nice low cut design from this iconic shoe line, the Clutch’s may be what you’re looking for. Some top features include:
- Air sole cushioning that is light weight and very comfortable
- Leather upper that locks your foot in place
- Very durable and made to last
This is pretty inexpensive too (depending on size will cost under $75). Not bad when you consider everything you get and the name – you can wear these off court too.
Take A Closer Look At The Jordan Clutch Basketball Shoes
3. Kobe Men’s X1
Kobe may be retired but his legacy lives on with the the X1’s. This sneaker is for high performers and anyone looking to play at their best. It has everything you want in a basketball shoe, including:
- Responsive and lightweight Lunarlon foam
- Flynit construction for added stability
- Maximizes airflow to keep your feet dry and prevent foul smells
- One of the best outsoles available
The X1’s comes with all the latest technologies and will have you at your most mobile. In my mind, this is a top 3 low top basketball shoe — plus they have one of the best looks and designs too.
Take A Closer Look At The Kobe X1’s
4. Under Armour Clutchfit Drive 3 Low
Company: Under Armour
You can find the Under Armour Clutchfit Drive 3’s in both highs and low — both are worth considering. Besides having a stylish design, they’re excellent on the court too. Some of my favorite features include:
- Stretch and flexible materials that move with your feet and ankles
- Micro G Foam layer that makes these a delight to wear
- Charged cushioning that absorbs impact
They come in multiple colors so you can can get the exact look you want. The Clutchfit’s aren’t terribly expensive either and will cost around $85. This is a product you will love playing with.
Take A Closer Look At The Under Armour Clutchfit Drive 3’s
5. Nike Hyperdunk Low
The Hyperdunks are my favorite basketball shoe of all time. I personally wear the high tops, but the lows are every bit as good. If you are a high performing basketball player you’ll love the:
- Flywire technology that locks your foot in place
- Phylon midsole that is ultra comfortable and shock absorbing
- Herringbone traction that allows you to move freely and explosively
These aren’t cheap and will likely cost over $150. If you have that to spend I would definitely consider these — if not there are other products on this list that will suit your budget.
Take A Closer Look At the Nike Hyperdunk Lows
6. Nike Lebron 13 Low
The Nike Lebron 13’s are another pricey product – they’re high quality, though, and can be found on the feet of top athletes. This shoe was designed specifically for Lebron so you know it’s going to deliver. Some top features include:
- Articulated lacing system that enhances support
- Low profile cushioning which is very comfortable
- Heel absorbing technology
The traction on this sneaker is top notch too. If you have the cash (probably around $150) I would definitely think about purchasing the 13’s.
Take A Closer Look At the Nike Lebron 13’s
7. Jordan’s Men’s Extra Fly
Like all Jordan products the Extra Fly’s are fashionable and very durable. But what really matters is how they perform on court, right? You’ll be happy to know they perform and come with:
- A comfortable collar that supports your ankles
- Breathable and will prevent over-sweating
- Lightweight cushioning that absorbs hard impacts
If you decide to buy these I know you’ll be tempted to wear these in your everyday life – they have that type of look to them.
Take A Closer Look At The Jordan Extra Fly’s
8. Under Armour Jet Low
Company: Under Armour
If you’re looking for an affordable, yet high performing sneaker, the Under Armour Jet Low’s are a shoe you should consider. These will cost under $75 and feature:
- Mesh tongue that increases ventilation
- Very supportive and lightweight
- Excellent traction pattern
I love Under Armour and trust their gear. When you buy from them you know you’re getting a well made, quality and durable product.
Take A Closer Look At The Under Armour Jet Low
The Jordan Cp3.X is Chris Paul’s signature shoe and is another one elite level talent will enjoy wearing. As you’d expect this sneaker is good for point guards and allows:
- Maximum lateral movement
- Dynamic lacing system that provides extra support
- Well known and liked Zoom Air unit that is ultra comfortable and responsive
I personally like the red look but it comes in black if that’s more your style.
Take A Closer Look At The Jordan CP3.X
10. Jordan Ol’ School Low
The last product on this list comes from a familiar brand – Jordan. The Ol’ School Low’s come in 12 different colors and designs so you can get the exact look you want. Also, these feature:
- Durable synthetic and leather materials
- Excellent traction and court grip
- Supportive and shock absorbing Air Sole
If you want to blend performance and style on the court this year, I’d definitely consider these.
Take A Closer Look at The Jordan Ol’ School Low
Now Learn How To Pick The Perfect Basketball Shoe
There are a few things to look for when selecting your sneakers and here’s a video that sums everything up:
If you want to read a full guide on this topic, I wrote an in-depth article on how to intelligently choose and buy basketball shoes. Let’s take a look at some shoes now.
Don’t Step On The Court With Low Quality Kicks!
Not only does a good basketball shoe help improve performance, but it help prevent injury too. Take it from someone that’s played basketball for a long time — being sidelined with a twisted ankle or anything like that sucks. The products on this list are the best of the best and will have you playing at your highest while keeping you safe.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to ball this year?