Looking to hit the links with new gear this year? If so you may be interested in the best golf clubs and irons for women.
There’s a few things to consider before making your purchase and I’d like to show you what’s most important – plus you’ll see my top picks for 2017.
- 1 How To Pick Out Your Clubs
- 2 Callaway Women’s Strata Complete 11 Piece Set
- 3 TaylorMade Women’s M2 Irons Set
- 4 Wilson Women’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
- 5 Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
- 6 Wilson Women’s Hope Complete Golf Set
- 7 Tour Edge Women’s Complete Golf Set
- 8 Callaway Women’s Big Bertha Iron Set
- 9 Precise GT-R Petite Complete Set
- 10 Adams Women’s Speedline Complete Set
- 11 Cobra Women’s Fly-Z Complete Set
- 12 Callaway Women’s Steelhead XR Irons
- 13 Don’t Play With Low Quality Clubs!
How To Pick Out Your Clubs
There’s a few things to think about before buying your new equipment and the most important factors are:
- Your own skill level
- Proper flex
- Price range
First off, you need to know your own skill level. The more skilled you are the more you’ll have to spend – cheaper clubs won’t meet the needs of these players. Advanced players may want to buy a quality pair of irons and buy their drivers, hybrids and fairway woods separately. If you’re an entry level golfer you can spend less.
Next, you have to get the right flex. Flex is the bend in the shaft – the faster you swing the more flex (stiffer) you want the club to be. Women have their own flex level and every piece of equipment on this list is made specifically for female golfers.
Lastly, you need to figure out how much you want to spend. If you’re buying a complete set (irons, woods, hybrids, putter) it’ll cost less. Although quality is good with these products, they’re usually not the highest. If you purchase a set of irons and your driver and woods separately you’ll get the best quality – you’ll pay more, though.
There’s clubs here for all skill levels and budgets. Let’s take a look at them now.
Callaway Women’s Strata Complete 11 Piece Set
The Callaway Strata’s are one of the highest selling clubs available because they’re affordable (around $180) and very durable. If you’re a very skilled golfer you may want a different set; this one is more geared towards beginners and intermediates. They have a lot of awesome features, including:
- A 5 wood with a massive sweet spot
- A hybrid designed to be very forgiving and will keep your shots nice and straight
- Comes with a driver, 7 iron, 9 iron, putter and wedge
Golf can be very frustrating, especially when you’re just learning. If you want to make the process as easy as possible in the beginning, I would purchase a quality set of clubs – like the Strata’s.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Women’s Strata 11 Piece Set
TaylorMade Women’s M2 Irons Set
The TaylorMade Women’s M2 Iron’s are designed for skilled female golfers that want to play at their absolute best. They aren’t cheap, at around $595, but worth it if you can afford the price. I really like that they come with:
- Low center of gravity that helps getting the ball in the air easy
- Inverted Cone Technology adds yards to every shot
- 3D Badge System enhances the feel and responsiveness of every club
It’s important to note these do not come with a driver, putter or any hybrids – they feature 4 to 9 irons as well as a pitching and sand wedge. You can purchase an M2 hybrid, fairway wood and driver separately and I highly recommend that you do; they’re high quality too.
Take A Closer Look At The TaylorMade M2 Irons
Wilson Women’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
The Wilson Ultra Complete Golf Set is another product that’s perfect for intermediate golfers. Included is everything you’ll need like: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 iron, pitching wedge, putter, driver, fairway wood and hybrid. It’s almost impossible to find this much for such a low price (around $164). Some of my favorite features include:
- Over-sized driver to help you crush it from the tee box
- Easy to swing fairway wood gets you on the green in less strokes
- Driver and woods come with a graphite shaft that increases head speed for longer shots
- Alignment aids to improve accuracy
These clubs are very forgiving too. This allows for straight shots even if you don’t hit it squarely or center every time.
Take A Closer Look At The Wilson Ultra Complete Golf Set
Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
If you’re a beginner you shouldn’t select the Callaway Solaire Complete Golf Set – these clubs may be a little too difficult to play with if you’re at that level. However, if you’re looking to take your game to the next level and you’re already skilled, you should definitely consider the Solaire’s. I know you’ll like the:
- Forgiveness in every club which minimizes the effects of bad shots
- Comes with the #1 putter in all of golf, the Odyssey Marxman Putter
- Durable, stylish and roomy bag
This set comes with a driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 7 wood, 5 and 6 hybrid, 7 to 9 iron, pitching and sand wedge, and a putter. How much will all this cost? $695. That’s really not that high when you look at everything you’re getting and the quality. If you decide on these you’ll be very happy you did.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Solaire Complete Golf Set For Women
Wilson Women’s Hope Complete Golf Set
The Wilson Hope Complete Set is one of the few clubs that all skill levels can use. One thing that really stands out is how lightweight each piece of equipment is. This will help increase your swing speed and adds a good amount of distance to all your shots. Some other features you’ll like are:
- The affordable price at around $191
- Steel hybrids and irons deliver powerful strokes
- Stylish and durable bag will last many rounds and years
Included is all the clubs you’ll want and need – driver, fairway wood, hybrid, 6 to 9 iron, wedge and putter. Also, Wilson donates to the Breast Cancer Research Fund every time this product is purchased; that’s pretty cool if you ask me.
Take A Closer Look At The Wilson Hope Complete Set
Tour Edge Women’s Complete Golf Set
Company: Tour Edge
The Tour Edge Complete Golf Set is perfect for any woman who takes this difficult sport seriously – it will satisfy the needs of these kinds of players. This isn’t the cheapest or most expensive gear on the list and will cost around $325. That’s not bad when you consider all you’re getting, like:
- Over sized irons with a center of gravity towards the back makes launching the ball very easy
- Very forgiving hybrids will help with accuracy
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
This is one of the most complete sets available and comes with 19 pieces in total. You get all the irons you need, multiple hybrids, and woods, putter and a driver. Not to mention 6 head covers and a deluxe bag. Now you see why I say $325 isn’t a bad price!
Take A Closer Look At The Tour Edge Complete Golf Set
Callaway Women’s Big Bertha Iron Set
I love the Callaway Big Bertha line of clubs – you can buy a Big Bertha fairway, driver and hybrid separately. This iron set comes with some of those clubs and is pretty pricey (around $1299 for the most expensive and $686 without the hybrids). A beginner, and even intermediates, probably can’t imagine paying such a high price for irons but skilled golfers understand the importance of quality. Some top features include:
- 360 Face Cup Technology adds yards to every stroke
- Maximum forgiveness will save you from bad shots
- Graphite shaft for a faster swing speed and more flex
There’s no question this is one of the best products on this list. If you decide on these you’ll be very happy you did.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Big Bertha Iron Set
Precise GT-R Petite Complete Set
The Precise GT-R Petite is one of the best values on this list. You get a driver, hybrid, woods and 6, 7, 8, 9 iron, putter and pitching wedge – plus you get a convenient standing bag. Not bad for just $228. If you’re an entry level or intermediate player you’ll love the:
- The massive head on the driver which helps you blast the ball
- A very versatile hybrid that you can use on almost all shots
- Lightweight design that is easy to swing
The reviews on Amazon are stellar too. If you want to read what different people have to say about the Precise Petite’s, click below:
Take A Closer Look At THe Precise GT-R Petite
Adams Women’s Speedline Complete Set
Company: Adams golf
The Adams Speedline is another set of clubs intermediate golfers will love to play with. This product has a very feminine look to them and one you’ll be proud to use. Some top features include:
- A driver, 2 different woods, a hybrid, 7, 8, 9 iron, pitching and sand wedge and a putter
- Graphite shaft which increases flex and swing speed
- Easy to carry and comfortable bag
The price isn’t too high either, at around $399. I know a few people who swear by these clubs and have improved their games tremendously with them.
Take A Closer Look At The Adams Women’s Speedline Complete Set
Cobra Women’s Fly-Z Complete Set
If you’re a skilled golfer and want a complete set (irons, driver, woods, hybrid and putter) you should consider the Cobra Fly-Z clubs. The Fly-Z’s aren’t exactly cheap and will cost over $600. That’s a fair price, though, especially when you consider they come with:
- E9 Zone Face technology that increases ball speed and improves distance on all shots
- Center of gravity towards the back of the clubs makes them ultra forgiving
- Has an easy to carry bag that won’t strain or cause any pains
There’s a few different combos you can choose from too. You can have 2 woods and no hybrid or 1 wood and 1 hybrid, etc. You can even choose from a few different colors too.
Take A Closer Look At The Cobra Fly-Z Complete Set
Callaway Women’s Steelhead XR Irons
Last on the list is a high performing set of irons – the Callaway Women’s Steelhead XR’s. You have a few choices in terms of what clubs are included. If you choose to add the most clubs possible it’ll cost $899 and if you go with less irons it’ll come out to around $560. The XR’s are exceptional and come with:
- 360 Face Technology increases ball speed and distance
- Lower center of gravity helps get the ball into the air easily
- Steel and graphite technology for added durability, flex and speed
If you’re in the market for new irons, and have the money to spend, I would definitely consider this product.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Steelhead XR Irons
Don’t Play With Low Quality Clubs!
Golf is a wonderful game when everything is going well and you’re hitting the ball nice and straight. When you’re hitting the ball into the woods and the water? Not so wonderful. In order to give yourself the best chance at having fun and having nice shots you need high quality clubs – like the ones mentioned on this list. There’s something here for all skill levels and budgets. I know you’ll find one you love.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to crush the ball this year?