If you’re just starting out with golf you may be looking for the best golf clubs for beginners.
Without the right clubs learning this sport can be very difficult and frustrating. I’d like to show you what’s most important when selecting this piece of equipment – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
- 1 How To Pick The Right Set Of Clubs
- 2 Callaway Men’s Strata 12 Piece Golf Set *Top Pick*
- 3 Ram G-Force 9 Piece Set
- 4 Tommy Armour Silver Scot 16 Piece Set
- 5 Top Flite 13 Piece Set
- 6 Wilson Pro Fit 11 Piece Set
- 7 Palm Springs Golf Visa Men’s Golf Set
- 8 Tour Edge HP25 17 Piece Complete Set
- 9 Prosimmon Golf X9 V2 Golf Club Set
- 10 Confidence Golf Power Hybrid Club Set
- 11 Learn This Difficult Sport With Quality Clubs!
How To Pick The Right Set Of Clubs
As a beginner there’s a few things to consider before making your purchase and the most important are:
- The loft of the clubs
- The flex of the shaft
- How much you’re willing to pay and which clubs are included
First off, you need to look at the loft of the clubs you’re thinking about. The loft degree creates the height of your shot; the slower you swing the higher the loft you’ll need. Beginners should go for a higher loft because getting the ball in the air can be quite difficult when you’re just starting out. Every set on this list has a loft that’s perfect for entry level golfers.
Next, you need to consider the flex of the product. The flex is how much bend the club has. Beginner golfers will want a higher flex and more bend – this will help you swing faster and get farther shots. The clubs on this list all have perfect flex ratings for players just starting out.
Lastly, you need to think about how much you’re willing to pay and what clubs are included in the set. There’s sets and irons that cost well over a thousand dollars and single clubs that cost over $500; these products are not for you. Beginner clubs are much less expensive and you can buy a complete set for under $500.
A complete package usually comes with irons (varies which ones but usually 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 irons), a putter, wedges (pitching wedge and sand wedge) and driver. Some come with fairway woods and hybrids too. At the vary least you’ll need irons, putter, wedge and a driver. In the beginning it’s best to learn to hit a few clubs well.
There’s many different options coming up for you. Some have every club while others have fewer – there’s different price ranges to suit everyone’s budget too. Let’s take a look at my top picks now.
Callaway Men’s Strata 12 Piece Golf Set *Top Pick*
The Strata’s are my top pick for many reasons. First off, they’re very high selling and come from a well known golf company, Callaway. When you purchase equipment from them you know you’re getting durable and high quality products. Also, they come at a really fair price (around $225). That’s really good when you consider the top features, like:
- Very forgiving driver that helps keep shots straight even when bad contact is made
- 3 wood and hybrid so you get versatile shots
- Stainless steel irons that give you a lot of power and control
This set comes with a mallet style putter that allows for maximum accuracy too. When I started golfing I used a really cheap and flimsy set of clubs – it was frustrating. If you want to learn this difficult sport treat yourself to quality clubs like the Strata’s. It’ll make your life easier and you’ll enjoy your time much more.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Strata’s
Ram G-Force 9 Piece Set
The Ram G-Force is perfect for beginners and someone that really doesn’t plan on taking golf too seriously. If you want to learn this sport and eventually become more skillful, you may want a different set of clubs. But if you need a set to play with every once in a while with friends, the G-Force’s will work for you. You’ll be happy to know they come with:
- An oversized driver that has a large sweet spot
- Fairway wood with low center of gravity makes getting the ball in the easier
- Standing bag that is comfortable to carry
You get all the clubs you’ll need when starting out – irons, putter, driver, hybrid, woods, and wedges. Price is very fair too, around $139.
Take A Closer Look At The Ram G-Force’s
Tommy Armour Silver Scot 16 Piece Set
Company: Tommy Armour
The Tommy Armour Silver Scot is one of the most complete sets on this list and has every single club you’ll need. This is one of the more expensive products listed here too, at around $499. Did I spend this much on my first pair of clubs? No but it would’ve helped. If you have the money to spend, you’ll like that these have:
- An oversized driver with a massive sweet spot
- All clubs are very forgiving and will help minimize the effects of bad shots
- Strong graphite and steel materials are very durable and will last multiple seasons
I once bought a driver and the head broke off the first day; that won’t happen here. You can expect these clubs to last many rounds.
Take A Closer Look At The Tommy Armour Silver Scot
Top Flite 13 Piece Set
Company: Top Flite
The Top Flite 13 Piece Set is fairly priced ($179) and one any beginner will love to play with. I’ve played with Top Flite gear through out the years and I’m always satisfied with what I get. Some top features include:
- Multiple hybrid clubs which help with accuracy and distance
- Alignment aids on the putter to improve the likelihood of sinking the put
- Driver with a low center of gravity allows you to mash the ball
The bag stands on its own and is very lightweight and easy to carry. I know if you decide to purchase this set of clubs you’ll be happy you did.
Take A Closer Look At the Top Flite 13 Piece Set
Wilson Pro Fit 11 Piece Set
Wilson is a company I love – I own their gear in many different sports and they always deliver in the performance department. The Pro Fit is for anyone looking to stick around golf for a while and will serve you well as you get better. There’s many unique features with the Pro Fit and they are:
- Driver with adjustable loft setting for more control over shots
- Stainless steel irons that will last for a long time
- Putter that comes with alignment aids for more accuracy
This is one of the more expensive clubs on this list and will cost over $300. I personally think it’s worth it if you can afford the price tag. You get so much!
Take A Closer Look At The Wilson Pro Fit
Palm Springs Golf Visa Men’s Golf Set
Company: Palm Springs
The Palm Springs Golf Visa is an affordable golf set and is best suited for taller men – the clubs are an extra inch long. This is one of the most complete sets on this list and includes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 irons, pitching wedge, wood, two different hybrids and a putter. It only cost $169 too! Not bad when you consider it comes with:
- Lower center of gravity that makes these clubs very forgiving
- Large sweet spot on the driver launches the ball down the fairway
- Durable standing bag that’s easy and comfortable to carry
The reviews on Amazon are excellent too. If you want to see what others have to say about this product, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Palm Springs Golf Visa
Tour Edge HP25 17 Piece Complete Set
Company: Tour Edge
Here we have another high quality set of clubs you’ll be able to use for years. The Tour Edge HP25 will cost over $300 and is worth it for anyone looking to stick with golf. It’s a very compete set and features:
- Titanium driver that’s lightweight and easy to swing
- Very forgiving irons improve accuracy and distance
- Comes with 7 different irons, multiple woods, hybrids, putter and driver
If you decide on these clubs you’ll be very happy. They will deliver in every way you need them to and will cut your learning time in half.
Tale A Closer Look At The Tour Edge HP25
Prosimmon Golf X9 V2 Golf Club Set
Prosimmon isn’t the most well known company and they make a quality set of clubs. Some of my favorite features include:
- A fair price at around $159 and free shipping when you purchase from Amazon
- Standing bag that is very lightweight
- Perfect for taller men
This is another item with good reviews on Amazon. If you’d like to see what other’s have to say about this product click below.
Take A Closer Look At The Prosimmon X9 V2
Confidence Golf Power Hybrid Club Set
Last on this list comes from a little known company, Confidence. This is one of the cheapest sets on the list. If you plan on sticking with golf for a while and want to become skillful, you’ll probably need a different product. However, if you just want to play every once in while and aren’t concerned with advancing these will work for you. You’ll like that they come with:
- Every club a beginner will need like irons, hybrid, driver and putter
- Durable bag that is comfortable to carry
- Comes with a rain cover
Not bad for just $120!
Take A Closer Look At The Confidence Golf Power Set
Learn This Difficult Sport With Quality Clubs!
When I first started playing golf I had a hard time with it. I usually pick up sports quickly but that wasn’t the case with golf. One of the biggest problems I had was playing with a low quality set of clubs. The second I upgraded my game got much better.
My advice is to pick a nice set when you first start off, like the ones included in this list. There’s one for all budgets and I know you’ll find one you love.
If you have any questions about what you’v read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see on social media too.
Are you ready to start golfing with clubs you can trust?