Are you looking to improve your golf game with one of the best golf swing analyzers?
If so, I’d like to show you what to look for before making your purchase and my top picks for 2017.
- 1 How to Pick The Perfect Swing Analyzer
- 2 PIQ Advanced Golf Sensor System *Top Pick*
- 3 Arccos 360 Tracking System
- 4 Zepp Golf 2 3D Swing Analyzer
- 5 Garmin TruSwing Golf Swing Sensor
- 6 Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch (Compatible With Previous Product)
- 7 Blast Golf 360 Swing Analyzer
- 8 Sky Golf Gt2 Game Tracker Shot Tracking System
- 9 Sky Caddie LinxGT Game Tracking System
- 10 Swami GT Game Tracker And GPS
- 11 Game Golf Live Tracking System
- 12 Epson M-Tracer Golf Swing Analyzer
- 13 Blast Motion Golf Replay 3
- 14 SkyGolf Skypro Swing Analyzer
- 15 Golf Sense 3D Golf Analyzer For iPhone and Android
- 16 Take Your Swing To A Higher Level
How to Pick The Perfect Swing Analyzer
There’s a few things you must consider before making your selection and they are:
- What type of technology you want
- How much you’re willing to spend
- Your own skill level
Some analyzers are more advanced while others are more basic. The more advanced equipment comes with multiple senors, cameras, GPS, rangefinder and things of that nature. Basic equipment will have a sensor that uploads information to your smartphone and not much else.
Here’a an example of what one of the more advanced products on this list can do:
As you can see it tracks everything – distance to the green, every piece of information you need to know about swing, what club you should use, previous shots – everything.
Here’s an example of how one of the more basic swing analyzers (you’ll see it later on the list) works:
This product won’t give you as much information as the previous one but it still has value.
Next, you need to think about your own budget. Obviously if you want all the latest technologies you’re going to have spend more – upwards to $350. There’s cheaper analyzers that will cost under $100; obviously you get less.
Lastly, you have to consider your own skill level and needs. If you’re an advanced golfer you’ll want more information. Basic information won’t help skilled golfers like it would for an absolute beginner. There’s equipment here that goes really in depth and will solve more intricate and subtle swing issues.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks for the year.
PIQ Advanced Golf Sensor System *Top Pick*
Company: Play Better
The PIQ Advanced Golf Sensor System is the product shown in the first video (an example of an advanced analyzer). This piece of equipment is for skilled golfers looking to take their game to the next level. It comes with over 18 different senors to screw onto the back of each club. Information is collected and given to you (displayed on your smartphone) in an easy to understand and helpful matter. Some top features include:
- GPS system with 42,000 courses loaded onto it – you’ll see aerial views of the course you’re playing on and distance to the back, middle and front of each green
- A lightweight clip to attach to your glove measures swing tempo, path and club head speed
- Is compatible with IOS and Android
This PIQ product is also waterproof and ultra durable. It’s not the cheapest analyzer on the list, at around $260, but is worth it if you have the cash; it’s like having a swing analyzer, stat tracker, golf GPS and rangefinder all in one. Now you see why I think it’s worth the price.
Take A Closer Look At The PIQ Advanced Golf Sensor System
Arccos 360 Tracking System
The Arccos 360 Tracking System is another high quality product. Like the last swing analyzer you saw, this one is fairly expensive and will cost around $249. However, like the last product it has everything included, inlcuding:
- A lightweight tracker that won’t distract you from your swing and provides all the useful information you need to improve your game
- GPS with over 40,000 courses so you can easily measure distance
- Thorough data on every club and swing from drives, chipping, putting and approach shots
You’ll get real time data so you can make changes on the fly – you get historical data so you learn from previous mistakes and get recommendations on what club to use based on past performances. Lastly, it comes with a permanent battery and is guaranteed to go at least 2 years without needing a charge. This is another product skilled golfers and anyone looking to improve their game will absolutely love.
Take A Closer Look At The Arccos 360 Tracking System
Zepp Golf 2 3D Swing Analyzer
The Zepp Golf 2 is much more basic than the previous two products – that doesn’t mean it’s poorly made or not worth your money, you just won’t get all the bells and whistles (like GPS and range-finding capabilities). It still has some awesome features like it:
- Instantaneously records club speed, hand speed, stroke and backswing information
- Smart coach program gives you tips from professionals based on your swing data
- Lightweight sensors and long lasting battery (up to 8 hours)
This piece of equipment is compatible with IOS and Android too. If you’re looking to save a few bucks without giving up much in the performance department, this may be the analyzer you want; it’ll only cost around $140.
Take A Closer Look At The Zepp Golf 2
Garmin TruSwing Golf Swing Sensor
The Garmin Truswing has a lot of awesome features and is pretty affordable at around $150. You can read swing information on either your smartphone or a Garmin GPS Watch (the next product is one of these watches). Also, this piece of equipment will:
- Measure all important swing metrics like: swing tempo, swing speed, face to target, dynamic loft, shaft angle, club path, shaft lean and more
- Real time 3D animations let’s you make adjustments on the fly
- Lithium ion battery holds charge for up to 12 hours
The Truswing is very lightweight and easy to use too. You just clip it to the shaft of your club and you’re good to go.
Take A Closer Look At The Garmin Truswing
Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch (Compatible With Previous Product)
I know a few people that resist upgrading to a smart phone – the problem is most golf analyzers need a smartphone to read results. If you want to avoid getting a smart phone (or just don’t want to use your smartphone this way) and still want to read your swing data, you might want to consider the Garmin Approach S20; you can use it alone or pair it with the previous product for even more functionality. Also, you’ll be happy to know it comes with a:
- GPS with 40,000 golf courses and a lifetime of free updates
- Keeps track of all your shots including drives, chips, and putts
- Swing Power Analysis records all your swings and recommneds clubs
- Green View technology shows you the slope of the green for more accurate putts
- Rangefinder technology tells you the distance of all your shots and yards to the green
All this comes in a very sleek and durable design. You get all the benefits of a smart watch too, which include: email and text notifications, activity metrics that measure sleep, calories burned, steps and more. Lastly, there’s digital scorecard technology that allows you to print, email and share you score from each round.
How much will all this cost? Around $199. When you look at all that you’re getting you realize that’s an excellent price and value (you check out more golf watches here, also)
Take A Closer Look At The Garmin Approach S20
Blast Golf 360 Swing Analyzer
Company: Blast Motion
The Blast Golf 360 is one of the few products on this list you’ll find for under $100. This is pretty surprising, especially when you consider it’s designed by professionals. It’s even more surprising when your realize all you get, like:
- Motion sensor knows when you’re moving so there’s no need to hit any buttons (minimizes distractions)
- Keeps track of all your swings and stats so you can review from previous rounds
- Video record your swings and putts on the Blast Golf Replay app to make a highlight reel and for closer analysis
This is another piece of equipment that syncs up with your smartphone and gets excellent reviews on Amazon. If you want to read what others have to say about the Blast Golf 360, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Blast Golf 360
Sky Golf Gt2 Game Tracker Shot Tracking System
Company: Sky Golf
The Sky Golf GT2 isn’t exactly cheap and will cost around $229. It’s another product, however, that has everything you’ll need in terms of technology. You get an analyzer, a GPS and rangefinder all in one. If you bought each separately you could easily pay more than $500. Some top features include:
- The ability to view real time stats and swing information so you can make changes right away
- Green technology gives you detailed analysis on each green including distance and shape
- Advanced stat tracking which lists fairway percentages, green in regulations and so on
- Share your rounds on a news feed and compare against other golfers scores
- Aerial views of each hole so you know exactly where to shoot and how to manage your game
Like many pieces of equipment on this list it works by wearing a lightweight sensor and by placing a SmartTag on the top of each grip. There’s even more included and if you’d like to see everything, click below.
Take A Closer Look At The Sky Golf GT2
Sky Caddie LinxGT Game Tracking System
Company: Sky Caddie
The Sky Caddie LinxGT Game Tracking System is the most expensive piece of equipment on this list and will cost around $340. There’s a reason it’s priced so high – it offers the most. If you just want a few stats to look at, or you’re just starting out with golf, you won’t need this product. However, if you really want an in depth analysis of your swing, as well as all the latest technologies, you should consider the Sky Caddie LinxGT. Some top features include:
- GPS, rangefinder and shot tracking watch that’s very stylish and lightweight
- Real time distance let’s you know how far the green is, how far your shots are going and where bunkers and hazards are
- IntelliGreen technology gives you in depth information about every green
- Easy to read text on watch can be seen even when the sun is blinding
- Post analysis tools let review each round and so you can learn where to improve
You get aerial views of every hole on over 35,000 different courses too. If you purchase this package you’ll have everything you need to improve your game and play at your highest. You won’t have to guess about anything again; you’ll be able to see everything on your watch and phone.
Take A Closer Look At The Sky Caddie LinxGT
Swami GT Game Tracker And GPS
Company: Izzo Golf
The Swami GT is the cheapest product on this list and is more suited for beginners just learning the game – skilled golfers will need more. This piece of equipment is pretty basic and:
- Tracks all your shots including distance, longest drives and putts
- GPS feature has 30,000 courses and lets you know distance to all greens
- Caddie feature recommends certain clubs based on past performances
- Let’s you review all your rounds so you can see where and which clubs you need improvement with
The Swami GT is very easy to use and there’s basically no need for manual action; everything is taken care of between the GPS technology and the tags that go on your club.
Take A Closer Look At The Swami GT
Game Golf Live Tracking System
Company: Game Golf
The Game Golf Live Tracking System is another awesome analyzer and tracker. This product comes with 18 different tags to add to all your clubs and will analyze every shot and swing you take – all in real time. Other nice features include:
- Advanced GPS system provides information on distance to greens, hazards and other information on over 33,000 courses
- Gives visual feedback on all swings so you can see how you’re doing and how to improve on the fly
- Records all stats for specific clubs
- Challenge feature lets you compete and compare you score against people around the world including your friends and pros
This package usually costs around $300 but I was able to find it on Amazon for about $150, which is an excellent price. If you want to check it out, and read the more than 100 reviews on the product, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Game Golf Live Tracking System
Epson M-Tracer Golf Swing Analyzer
The Epson M-Tracer Golf Swing Analyzer doesn’t come with a GPS or rangefinder technology – which is perfectly fine for most people. Because it simply looks at your swing, it won’t cost as much as some of the pricier products on this list; you can pick the M-Tracer up for around $149. That’s really good when you consider it comes with:
- Core Sensor Technology accurately analyzes all aspects of your swing
- Interprets the following: grip speed, lag, attack angle, face angle, club path and more
- 360 degree view on your phone so you can dissect every angle of each stroke
- App holds up to 200 swings and website holds up to 2000
This piece of equipment is nice because it’s lightweight and there’s not a lot of pieces. You get the device you put on your club, a pouch to carry it in and a USB cord. This level of minimalism is very attractive to a lot of golfers.
Take A Closer Look At The Epson M-Tracer
Blast Motion Golf Replay 3
Company: Blast Motion
Here we have another effective and affordable product from Blast Motion. Their Golf Replay 3D does an excellent job analyzing each stroke, be it a drive or putt. You’ll be able to look at your swing in 3D and if that’s not enough, I know you’ll like the:
- Smart Video Capture that enables you to share every aspect of each hole you play
- Saves all strokes so you can go back for review and improve
- Easy to use and securely connects to your clubs
This is another piece of equipment that syncs up with your phone so you get real time analytics. If you’re looking to spend under $200 you should consider the Golf Replay 3D – it’s one of the best you’ll find in that price range.
Take A Closer Look At The Blast Motion Golf Replay 3D
SkyGolf Skypro Swing Analyzer
Company: Sky Caddie
The SkyGolf Skypro looks a little different than the other products on this list. I know from the picture it looks big and bulky but it’s actually small and clips onto the shaft of your clubs. This device analyzes thousands of aspects of your swing and includes:
- Detailed information on head speed, swing plane, shaft angle
- You get immediate feedback on all swings so you know exactly what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong
- You can view every stroke from 360 degree angles
This Skypro is very popular and one of the most well known analyzers on the market. It comes at a fair price of $132 too.
Take A Closer Look At The SkyGolf SkyPro
Golf Sense 3D Golf Analyzer For iPhone and Android
Last on the list is one of the most affordable products around $99 and is a fairly basic model. You won’t get all the bells and whistles of the the equipment priced $200 and above but not everyone needs that. Some people just want to easily improve their swing – the Golf Sense 3D Golf Analyzer can do that for you. I like that it has:
- A lightweight and non-intrusive design that clips right to your golf glove
- In depth analysis about each swing that you can see in real time
- Allows you to compare your swing to pros
- Can review each stroke in 360 degree angles
This is another very popular device and gets a lot of positive reviews on Amazon. If you’d like to see what they have to say about it, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Golf Sense 3D Golf Analyzer
Take Your Swing To A Higher Level
Golf is a game that relies on precision. If you’re off even a little bit on your swing you can expect a bad shot. I’m not going to say you can’t improve without a swing analyzer because you can. However, it makes things so much easier and can improve your game very quickly. No matter your skill level or budget you can find a product on this list that you’ll love.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to up your golf game this year?