If you want to improve your accuracy this hunting season you may be looking for one of the best crossbow scopes.
Having quality optics can make life a lot easier and I’ll show you how to select the right product – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
- 1 How To Choose The Right Scope
- 2 Nikon Bolt XR Scope
- 3 Zeiss Terra Crossbow Scope
- 4 Truglo Crossbow Scope
- 5 Red Hot Illuminated MR Scope
- 6 Trijicon ACOG Crossbow Scope
- 7 TenPoint RangeMaster Pro
- 8 Triton 30mm Red Dot Scope
- 9 Excalibur Tact-Zone Illuminated Scope
- 10 Red Hot Pin Point Scope
- 11 Leupold Crossbones Scope
- 12 Barnett Crossbow Scope
- 13 Excalibur Deluxe Crossbow Scope
- 14 Leapers UTG Crossbow Scope
- 15 Hawke Crossbow Scope
- 16 Sightmark Core Crossbow Scope
- 17 Barska Compact Crossbow Scope
- 18 Improve Your Hunting With High Quality Optics!
How To Choose The Right Scope
There’s a couple things to consider when making your choice and the most important are:
- Deciding whether you want a red dot scope or optics scope
- Magnification and field of vision
- Smaller features (lens coatings and water proofing)
First off, you need to think about the type of scope you want. There’s two scopes to consider and they are:
- Red Dot: Red dot is the more basic of the two and doesn’t offer any magnification. Red dot’s come with a single dot or 3 dots. With the first option you align the target with the dot and shoot. The second option, 3 dots, let’s you factor in distance – the top dot is 20 yards away, second dot is 30 yards away and the third dot is 40 yards away. Although this scope is very simple, it’s the cheaper option.
- Optical Scopes: Optical crossbows are much higher quality and offer a better optical experience. The magnification of these products can go anywhere from 2X to 32X and many allow you to adjust magnification – this is a handy feature and I’ll explain why in just a second. The only downside is optical scopes are more expensive and usually cost between $90 to $250 and can go as high as $1000.
After you decide on which scope you want, you’ll need to look at magnification and field of vision. If you want a red dot you won’t have to think about magnification but you will with an optical scope. If you hunt a wide variety of game, in a bunch of different environments, you should consider a scope that let’s you adjust magnification – that way you’ll get the exact view you desire and need.
Field of vision is important too and this relies on the diameter of the lens – the wider the lens, the larger the field of vision you get. Scopes with higher magnification tend to have a more narrow field of vision.
Lastly, you need to consider smaller features like lens coating and water and fog proofing. Lens coating is extremely important and helps deliver crispness and brightness to your optics – the more coatings a lens receives, the more expensive it tends to be.
You want a product that prevents lens clouding in the rain too. Obviously hunting is an outdoor activity and your scope must be able to stand up to the elements.
Now that you know exactly what to look for let’s take a look at my top picks.
Nikon Bolt XR Scope
Nikon is a leader in the optics world and they’re well known for their different scopes, hunting rangefinders and golf rangefinders. Anytime you purchase from them you know you’re getting a high quality, top of the line product – that applies to their Bolt XR Scope. Some top features include:
- Multi coated lens means you get the brightest and most crisp field of vision possible
- You can adjust magnification from 3 times all the way to 32 times
- Is completely water proof, fog proof and shock resistant
- Lightweight and compact design
This is a piece of equipment that all hunters and archers will love. It won’t break the bank either and will cost around $139. That’s a really good value considering all that you’re getting.
Take A Closer Look At The Nikon Bolt XR
Zeiss Terra Crossbow Scope
Zeiss is another high quality optics company. There products tend to be expensive and that’s the case with the Terra Crossbow Scope – it’ll cost over $200. If you’re a serious hunter, though, it’s worth the investment. I know you’ll like that it comes with:
- A rugged and durable design that won’t crack or break very easily
- Adjustable magnification between 2x to 7x which is perfect for most people
- Lightweight and comes with a lifetime warranty
The field of vision is wide and you get the most clear view possible with the Terra. If you decide to purchase this scope I know you’ll be very happy you did.
Take A Closer Look At The Zeiss Terra Scope
Truglo Crossbow Scope
The Truglo Crossbow Scope is an affordable product for anyone on a budget. If you’re a very serious hunter you may want a different scope – something with a little more to it. If you’re a casual outdoorsman or just learning, you like the:
- 4″ eye relief which prevents the scope from smacking into your eye
- It’s durable design that’s resistant to scratches
- The fully coated lens which enhances visuals and brightness
This piece of equipment has a lifetime warranty too. Not bad for just $63!
Take A Closer Look At The Truglo Crossbow Scope
Red Hot Illuminated MR Scope
Company: Red Hot
The Red Hot Illuminated MR Scope doesn’t offer the most magnification possible, 3x, but it’s still a quality product. This scope has aim points up to 60 yards and features:
- 5 brightness settings so you get the exact optics you want
- Compact design won’t slow you down or distract you
- Has a lifetime warranty
The price isn’t terrible either and it’ll cost you around $145 – this is another excellent value.
Take A Closer Look At The Red Hot Illuminated MR Scope
Trijicon ACOG Crossbow Scope
The Trijicon ACOG is only intended for very serious hunters that live and breath the outdoors – beginners and avid hunters won’t need all the higher end qualities this product has. This Trijicon ACOG scope delivers on all fronts and features:
- The lightest magnified crossbow scope possible
- Built in ranging system ensures more accuracy
- Unparalleled crispness in terms of optics and view
All this comes with a price, however and it’ll cost around $999. There’s many people that would never pay this for a scope while others know the value of quality optics. If you can afford it, this is a piece of equipment you’ll cherish.
Take A Closer Look at The Trijicon ACOG
TenPoint RangeMaster Pro
The TenPoint Rangemaster Pro is another quality product that isn’t cheap. It doesn’t have the high price tag of the scope you just saw, however, and it’ll cost around $280. It’s more than worth the price and comes with:
- 5 dot calibers that range from 20 yards to 60 yards
- 5 light settings so you get the exact view you desire and multi-coated lens for extreme crispness
- Adjustable magnification from 1.5x to 5x
The Rangemaster is one of my favorite scopes and I believe it’s a top 5 pick for the year. There’s a ton of positive reviews on Amazon too, and if you’d like to see what other customers are saying about this product, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The TenPoint Rangemaster Pro
Triton 30mm Red Dot Scope
Here we have another affordable scope from Truglo. The Triton won’t magnify because it’s a red dot scope but does have 3 dots so you can measure distances more accurately. Casual and beginner hunters will like the:
- Multi-coated lens that delivers good optics clarity
- How water and fog resistant it is
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
The Triton runs on a 3 volt battery which is included. This scope may not blow you away but it’s priced fairly at $75.
Take A Closer Look At The Truglo Triton Red Dot Scope
Excalibur Tact-Zone Illuminated Scope
The Excalibur Tact-Zone is another scope that’s an excellent value and will cost around $165. It’s loaded with a lot nice features and provides a very clear view. It also:
- Has adjustable magnification settings between 2.5x to 6x
- Adjustable for speeds between 275 fps and 410 fps for added accuracy
- Waterproof lens so you always have the best optics possible
This is another product that gets a ton of love on Amazon. If you want to see why so many people like this scope, click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Excalibur Tact-Zone
Red Hot Pin Point Scope
Company: Red Hot
This is the second scope from Red Hot and this one, the Pin Point, is a little higher quality than the one you saw before. It also costs a little more too, at around $199. The Pin Point is extremely adjustable and features:
- Dial-a-distance turret improves ranging capabilities and accuracy
- 3 times magnification
- Different light settings so you get the view you desire
It’s extremely durable and is proofed against everything – water, fog and shock. This product is well worth the money and provides superior accuracy. Any hunter would love to have this item in their arsenal.
Take A Closer Look At The Red Hot Pin Point
Leupold Crossbones Scope
Leupold is another giant in the optics world and all their products are well made, quality and loved by those who use them – just like their Crossbones Scope. This piece of equipment certainly isn’t cheap and will cost around $299. Those that value accuracy and clarity won’t mind that price, and will enjoy the:
- The adjustable magnification between 2x and 7x
- Lightweight and weighs well under a pound
- Provides hold points between 20 to 60 yards
It can stand up to nature’s worst and works well in the elements; you won’t have to worry about the lens fogging up or anything like that.
Take A Closer Look At The Leupold Crossbones Scopes
Barnett Crossbow Scope
Company: Barnett Crossbow
The Barnett Crossbow Scope is fairly priced at around $75 and is one of the best scopes you can get for under $100. This product has a wide field of vision because the lens diameter is 32mm and has a respectable magnification of 5x. Some other nice features include:
- Multi-reticle crosshair system so you can range shots accurately
- Water and fog resistant which ensures clarity all the time
- Has a lifetime warranty
If you’re an aggressive hunter you may want a different scope. Most hunters, however, will like the performance this piece of equipment delivers.
Take A Closer Look At The Barnett Crossbow Scope
Excalibur Deluxe Crossbow Scope
The Excalibur Deluxe is an expensive scope and will cost around $259. If you’re an absolute beginner, or don’t take hunting seriously, you won’t need this product. If, however, you love hunting you should consider the Deluxe. I know you’ll like the:
- Extremely wide field of vision because of the 44mm lens
- The adjustable magnification between 3x to 6x
- The multi coated lens gives you ultimate clarity
You get an adjustable crosshair system so you can range your shots too. Anyone looking for a top of the line scope should look no further.
Take A Closer Look At The Excalibur Deluxe Scope
Leapers UTG Crossbow Scope
The Leapers UTG won’t break the bank and will only cost around $73. Despite its low price it’s actually a well made product that almost all hunters will love, excluding maybe the best of the best. Some features I like are the:
- Decent magnification of 4x and wide field of vision at 32mm
- Can be used in low light settings because of it’s illumination dial
- Rangefinding reticle so you always know distance for better accuracy
It’s also rugged and very durable – there isn’t much that can break the UTG. If you’re looking to save a little cash without giving up much in the performance department, this is a scope you should consider.
Take A Closer Look At The Leapers UTG
Hawke Crossbow Scope
The Hawke Crossbow is another favorite of mine and is a scope even advanced hunters will like. It has a very compact and easy to use design and is made to last. You can expect crystal clears optics with this product and:
- A wide field of vision with its 32mm lens
- Aim points will help you distance shots up to 100 yards
- Multi-coated lens will keep your view nice and bright
This isn’t exactly a cheap scope but it’s not overly expensive either – it’ll cost around $199. This is a perfect price in my opinion.
Take A Closer Look At The Hawke Crossbow
Sightmark Core Crossbow Scope
The Sightmark Core is an excellent value and a scope I highly recommend. Not only does it come at a great price ($149), it’s extremely well made, has a low profile design and very durable. Some awesome features include:
- Multi-coated lens for unmatched clarity and resolution
- 11 lighting settings makes this scope useful in all environments
- All weather proof
- Shockproof and built to cancel out crossbow recoil
This scope is the perfect blend of affordability and performance. It’s perfect for all hunters and one you’ll be glad to have on your bow.
Take A Closer Sightmark Core Crossbow Scope
Barska Compact Crossbow Scope
Last on the list is an affordable option from Barska. This piece of equipment will only cost around $69 and is best suited for intermediate and beginner hunters. This skill range will love the:
- Full coated lens which keeps your view clear and maximizes lighting
- The weatherproofing that allows you to use this item in all conditions
- Lifetime warranty
I certainly don’t consider this the best scope on earth but it certainly isn’t a bad one. The right person will get a lot of value out of this product.
Take A Closer Look At The Barska Compact Crossbow Scope
Improve Your Hunting With High Quality Optics!
Hunting is an activity that demands quick action and precision – if you’re off by an inch you’ll miss your target. In order to get the kill shot every time you’ll need a quality scope on your crossbow, like the ones on this list. No matter your budget or needs there’s a product here that’ll work perfectly for you.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let your friends and family see by sharing on social media.
Are you read to have clear views this season?