Soccer is a great game to play when with loved ones. A lot of people even follow the big league teams, aspiring to become one of the famous and popular athletes they see in the stadium. You’ll find a lot of varsity teams playing in universities or towns that help children and young adults train to become professional soccer players. If you’re one who wants to begin playing soccer for fun or profession, then you must be knowledgeable with the different terms and places you will be playing on. The soccer field dimensions are one of the important things to take note of, as you would want to make sure you are playing in the right grounds and not going out of bounds. But exactly how big is a soccer field? We show you its dimensions!
Dimensions of a Football Field
We all know that a football field is rectangular and played by 11 people per team, but what are the exact measurements and parts of the football field? It may be difficult to recognize the different areas, but it’s important to know what they are so you know where to go and what’s allowed while playing the game. This is to ensure that you are not breaking any rules and to make you win the game.
You might be interested in our review of the Top 5 Best Football Shoes to play
Here are the different parts and dimensions of a football field in general. These dimensions are followed by the FIFA Official Laws of the Game, so these are usually what most (if not, all) football field dimensions are like worldwide:
1. Goal line width is 45 (minimum) to 90 (maximum) meters. This is the entire width of the playing field.
2. The touch line ranges from 90 (minimum) to 120 (maximum) meters. The touch line is the entire length of the playing field.
3. The halfway line is similar to the goal line width, and its center mark radius should be 9.15 meters. This divides the field into two playing areas. The center mark is where the ball is placed during kickoff, or at the beginning of the game.
4. The goal area is 7.32 meters, while the penalty area will have a height of 16.5 meters and 40.32 meters. The net should have a height of 2.44 meters. The penalty area is where the goalkeeper is, the only player who can touch the ball with his hands to avoid the opposing team from scoring a goal. The goal area is found inside the penalty area, where players will score goals through kicking the ball into the net found in this box.
5. In each corner of the field, there will be an arc with a radius of 1 meter. The corners have flag posts to indicate its boundaries. These flags are required to be on the field in order for players to know when they are out of bounds. There are also lines to indicate the whole playing field.
6. If playing internationally, it may vary. Usually, the dimensions for international games are 100 to 110 meters (touch line) by 64 to 75 meters (goal line). The dimensions above are for standard games.
These are the basic dimensions of a football field. Confusing? It always is at the start. Once you get acquainted with the field and begin playing often, you’ll get to familiarize yourself in where you should be or to make a concrete game plan for you and your team.
Football is a very fun sport to play when with family or friends, and can even be played as a profession as well. It’s definitely a game one should try at least once! Interested in playing soccer or football? Then you will need to know about the football field dimensions in order for you to know you’re playing the game right! Hopefully, this information on the dimensions of a football field will have you learn more about the game and let you play by the rules, helping you win the game. There are many more things you will need to learn when playing football, and you can learn more on this through searching online and practicing it yourself on an actual field. So what are you waiting for? Check out the soccer games and teams you can join during your spare time!
Did you find this article useful? Then comment your thoughts and comments below. We love to hear what you have to say about football!