If you’re looking to hit the links this year with new equipment you may be looking for the best golf drivers for seniors.
There’s a few things to think about before making your purchase and I’ll show you what’s most important – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
- 1 How To Pick The Perfect Driver
- 2 Callaway Big Bertha Senior Driver *Top Pick*
- 3 Adams Senior Blue Golf Driver
- 4 TaylorMade M1 460cc
- 5 TaylorMade SLDR C Series Senior Driver
- 6 Cobra King F6 Senior Driver
- 7 Yonex EZONE XP Senior Driver
- 8 Cobra Golf Max Offset Senior Driver
- 9 Cleveland 588 Senior Driver
- 10 Don’t Suffer With A Low Quality Driver!
How To Pick The Perfect Driver
Elder golfers need to keep two factors in mind when selecting a driver:
- Flex: Flex measures how much the shaft bends on your down swing. Senior golfers tend to swing slower so you want a driver with more flex. This allows you to generate more power and your shots will go farther.
- Loft:The loft creates the amount of backspin when contact is made with a golf ball. If you have a slower swing you want a higher loft; this will create more backspin which keeps the ball in the air longer. Senior golfers will want a loft over 12 degrees.
Here’s a video that goes a little more in depth:
Pretty simple, right? All the drivers on this list have the flex and lofts senior players want. Let’s look at my top picks now.
Callaway Big Bertha Senior Driver *Top Pick*
If you are serious about you’re game, the Callaway Big Bertha Senior is a driver you must consider (it comes as a fairway wood too!). It certainly isn’t cheap (costs around $250) but will deliver on the course. One of my favorite features is the RMOTO Technology built into the face of the head – this provides a thin structure that increases ball speed. A few other things I like is:
- The light weight design that gives you a smooth and balanced swing
- You can choose between 8 loft settings so you get the exact shot you want on every hole
- Weight adjustment slider on the head for even more control
This is a very forgiving product too. That means you can still get good shots on balls you hit off center; this will save you some strokes and a lot of frustration. I really love the Bertha and I know you will too.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Big Bertha
Adams Senior Blue Golf Driver
Company: Adams golf
The Adams Senior Blue is perfect for anyone trying to save a little cash without giving up too much in the performance department. This club will help get the ball into the air easily and has all the features seniors need – high loft and good flex. Also, it comes with:
- Large surface area on the face
- Light weight design which helps with swing speed
- Low center of gravity which produces more backspin
I know a lot of people that hit straighter and farther shots because of this driver. It really is a great value at around $85.
Take A Closer Look At The Adams Senior Blue
TaylorMade M1 460cc
The TaylorMade M1 is another high performing product that any senior will love to play with. Like all very quality pieces of equipment the M1 is not cheap and will cost $399. Some people will refuse to pay that for a club – others recognize the value of paying a little extra for added benefits. If you are the latter, check out the top features which include:
- Composite materials that reduce weight and increase durability
- Can customize loft and other settings for complete control
- Graphite shaft that gives the flex seniors love
If you know golf I probably don’t need to tell you much more about this driver. Players that understand this sport will recognize how superior this product is.
Take A Closer Look At The Taylormade M1
TaylorMade SLDR C Series Senior Driver
The last TaylorMade driver you saw is one of the most expensive on the market but this one, the SLDR C Series, is much more affordable – it’ll cost you $85. Is it going to perform like $300 or $400 drivers? No, it won’t. But it still performs well enough that it’s worth considering. My favorite features are the:
- Low center of gravity that increases ball speed
- Balanced weight which enables a nice, smooth swing
- Big head for more solid contact
This is the type of club that can add 20 yards to your drive and I know many people that swear by its consistency. Everyone looking to save a little will enjoy this product.
Take A Closer Look At The Taylormade SLDR
Cobra King F6 Senior Driver
Company: Cobra King
The Cobra King F6 has one of the thinnest and lightest design of any driver on the market – this makes it perfect for senior players. You’ll be able to launch balls down the fairway because of this. Also, you’ll like:
- How you can customize loft so you get the exact shot you want on every hole
- Titanium face the creates a powerful moment of contact with the golf ball
- Adjustable center of gravity for even more control
I love having options like adjustable CG because it makes the game much easier. You can have much more control of your drives if you decide on the F6.
Take A Closer Look At The Cobra King F6
Yonex EZONE XP Senior Driver
The Yonex Ezone Xp has a very large sweet spot and this makes it perfect for anyone who needs help in the accuracy department – you won’t have to hit it dead on to get a straight shot. Also, it comes with:
- Adjustable center of gravity
- Helps launch the ball and put it in the air consistently
- Carbon head for added durability
I once bought a driver and it broke by hole 7 – I was so angry. This won’t happen with the Ezone. It will last a long time and deliver a lot of good drives for you.
Take A Closer Look At The Yonex Ezone Xp
Cobra Golf Max Offset Senior Driver
Company: Cobra King
The Cobra Max Offset comes at a pretty good price (around $150) and is high performing. Anyone that takes their game seriously and plays often should consider this club. Some top features include:
- Offset design that allows you to square the club easiky which gives straighter shots
- Thin and lightweight for increased swing speed
- Helps offset the effects of bad contact
This is another club people swear by and gets excellent reviews on Amazon. If you want to see what others have to say, click below.
Take A Closer Look At The Cobra Max Offset
Cleveland 588 Senior Driver
Company: Cleveland Golf
Cleveland is a great golf company and they make one of my favorite putters. Their 588 senior driver is an excellent product and has some really nice features. I personally like the thin titanium head and the:
- Adjustable loft and adjustable face angle that gives you more control
- Intelligently placed center of gravity that helps get the ball in the air more consistently
- Large sweet spot for more accurate shots
This isn’t a cheap product and will cost over $200 – it’s worth it, though. This is the favorite driver of a lot of golfers and I can see why. It delivers a smooth swing and will help keep your strokes nice and low.
Take A Closer Look At The Cleveland 588
Don’t Suffer With A Low Quality Driver!
I know what it’s like to play with cheap clubs – it stinks. It’s not fun when you constantly slice and can’t get the ball into the air. The drivers on this list will help prevent that and put you in the best position to enjoy yourself all day long. No matter your skill level or budget, there’s something here for you.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let your friends and family see be sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to drive the ball down the fairway this year?