Are you looking to protect your eyes with one of the best golf sunglasses?
If so, I would like to show you what to look for before you make your purchase and my top picks for 2017.
- 1 How To Pick The Perfect Pair
- 2 Oakley Men’s Flak 2.0
- 3 Nike Skylon Ace XV Pro
- 4 Oakley Thinlink Prizm Polarized Sunglasses
- 5 Under Armour Igniter 2
- 6 Callaway Series Del Mar
- 7 Smith Optics Pivlock Overdrive
- 8 Oakley Men’s Radar Shield
- 9 Evoshield Evolock Sunglasses
- 10 Maui Jim River Jetty
- 11 Oakley Half Jacket 2
- 12 Under Armour Men’s Reliance Sunglasses
- 13 Don’t Blind Yourself While Golfing!
How To Pick The Perfect Pair
There’s a few things you should consider when making your selection and they are:
- Pick the right lens color
- Make sure you get the right size
- Are specifically designed for golf or athletics
First thing you need to look at is lens colors. Certain colors serve different purposes and are better in different weather conditions. Here’s the most popular choices:
- Yellow and Orange: These sunglasses should be worn on overcast days to heighten contrast
- Amber and Red: These should be worn on sunny or partly cloudy days
- Dark Amber and Brown: This lens color works well for golf and really heightens contrast and visual activity – it’ll help you distinguish between blue skies and green grass too.
- Green: Green is another useful lens color for golf because it heightens contrast.
Next, you need to get the proper size and to make sure they’re designed for golf. If you buy a regular pair they’ll shift around your face when you swing and will be a general distraction. Athletic sunglasses are made to stay still during motion and are comfortable to wear.
Now that you know what to look for let’s take a look at my top picks.
Oakley Men’s Flak 2.0
You’re going to see a lot of Oakley products on this list – that’s because they’re one of the premiere sunglass makers in the world and their Flak 2.0’s is one of their top pairs. Some features I like are the:
- Lightweight O Matter frames make wearing these very comfortable and non-distracting
- Minimizes pressure point and points of contact on your face
- XYZ Optics Technology enhances visuals
- Protects against UVA, UVB and UVC rays
They’re impact resistant and very durable too. The price isn’t horrible, either, at round $99.
Take A Closer Look At The Oakley Men’s Flak 2.0
Nike Skylon Ace XV Pro
The Nike Skylon Ace Pro’s are a durable product that come with a full year warranty; that’s pretty rare for sunglasses. These are ideal for golf and have all the features you look for, like:
- Protection from harmful rays
- Adjustable nosepad to prevent fogging
- Interchangeable and reflective lens
Anytime you go with Nike you know you’re getting top of the line – that apples here too.
Take A Closer Look At The Nike Skylon Ace Pro’s
Oakley Thinlink Prizm Polarized Sunglasses
Here we have another Oakley product that’s made specifically for golfers. It’s not overly expensive (will cost around $99) and really makes things clear. You won’t have a hard time seeing the fairway ahead of you with these on your face. You’ll also like that they come with:
- Semi rimless design that’s both stylish and non-invasive
- O Matter frame that’s strong and durable
- Lens filters out all harmful UV rays
This pair of sunglasses is ultra comfortable to wear too. It won’t move around when you swing and is made for movement.
Take A Closer Look At The Oakley Thinlink Prizm
Under Armour Igniter 2
Company: Under Armour
Under Armour is a sports mega giant and their Igniter 2’s are affordable at around $77. What’s really cool is these come in a bunch of different styles and lens colors – you can get the exact type you want. Some other nice features include:
- Air flow technology keeps air moving and prevents sweat build up
- Adjustable nose pad so you get the exact fit you’re looking for
- Frames include titanium material that’s very durable and resistant to cracking
The Igniter’s are scratch resistant too. You’ll have a hard time finding a better pair of glasses for this price.
Take A Closer Look At The Under Armour Igniter 2’s
Callaway Series Del Mar
Callaway is the most well known golf brand on this list – anytime you purchase something from them you’re getting a product made by people who know the sport inside and out. Their Series Del Mar has a unique shape and large lens to protect your eyes from all angles. Also, they come with:
- Flexible materials that fit to all face shapes
- Durable nylon frame is made to last
- Have different lens types to fit all weather conditions
These sunglasses are usually around $99. I found them on Amazon for around $30 and if you’d like to check them out click below.
Take A Closer Look At The Callaway Series Del Mar
Smith Optics Pivlock Overdrive
Company: Smith Optics
Smith Optics may not be as known as Under Armour, Oakley and Nike but they’re known in the eye wear world – they make really high quality ski goggles and, of course, high quality golf sunglasses. Some top features include:
- Multiple lens colors and frame colors so you get the exact protection and look you desire
- Lightweight and designed specifically for athletic performance
- Adjustable nose-piece fits to all faces
This product has a LIFETIME warranty too! It doesn’t get any better than that.
Take A Closer Look At The Smith Optics Pivlock Overdrive
Oakley Men’s Radar Shield
The Radar Shield’s is another quality product from Oakley and one you’ll love protecting your eyes with. They’re one of the priciest sunglasses on this list, at around $137, and worth it if you have the cash to spend. Besides offering crisp vision these have:
- Durable frames that are made to last
- Allows for maximum airflow which reduces moisture build up
- Ultra comfortable to wear
The Radar Shield’s prevent harmful rays from damaging your eyes and there’s a ton of lens colors to choose from. Any golfer would be lucky to wear this pair of sunglasses.
Take A Closer Look At The Oakley Radar Shield’s
Evoshield Evolock Sunglasses
The Evolshield Evolock’s are one of the most comfortable sunglasses to wear and come with IsoFit technology that mold around your nose and ears. Some other nice features include:
- Durable nylon materials that’ll last
- Shatterproof lens
- Multiple designs so you get the perfect style
You get complete protection against harmful rays and a 1 year warranty – also they’re vented and smudge resistant. Not bad for just $79.
Take A Closer Look At The Evoshield Evolock’s
Maui Jim River Jetty
The Maui Jim River Jetty is one of the most expensive pair of sunglasses on this list and will cost any where between $145 to $200, depending on style. They’re extremely high quality, however, and come with:
- PolarizedPlus 2 lens that eliminate 99.9% of glare
- Scratch resistant and made to last
- Adjustable nose piece so you get a comfortable fit
This is another product that has different lens colors so you can play in any weather condition. If you’re someone who hits the links regularly you should definitely consider the Jetty’s.
Take A Closer Look At The Maui River Jetty’s
Oakley Half Jacket 2
Just like the previous Oakley products on this list the Half Jacket 2’s are high quality, well made and designed for athletic performance. Besides a stylish look, these feature:
- Semi-rimless and are extremely lightweight
- Polarized lens reduce glare and enhance vision
- Transition lens that darken when necessary and lighten when necessary
This is another pair that usually cost over $150 but are a little cheaper on Amazon. If you want to check out their prices click below:
Take A Closer Look At The Oakley Half Jacket 2’s
Under Armour Men’s Reliance Sunglasses
Company: Under Armour
Price: $$ (Check Here)
Last on the list is the Under Armour Men’s Reliance’s and they’re pretty affordable at around $75. These do a great job increasing peripheral vision and are extremely durable. This pair of sunglasses come with:
- Water repellent and scratch proof lens
- Impact resistant and lightweight
- Features both light and dark lens
If you’re looking to save a few bucks without giving up much in the performance department, you should consider the Reliance’s.
Take A Closer Look At The Under Armour Reliance Sunglasses
Don’t Blind Yourself While Golfing!
I’ve been playing golf for a long time and know how hard it can be – the more distractions you have the worst you’ll play. If you’re blinded by the sun you’ll have a hard time judging distance (unless you have a rangefinder) and things like that. The sunglasses on this list will keep the sun out of your eyes and keep things as clear as possible. No matter your needs or budget there’s a product here for you. I know you’ll find a pair you love.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media.
Are you ready to golf in comfort this year?